Peter is Managing Partner at Service Management Art.
Peter is an an experienced IT Service Management professional with in-depth knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management process theory and practical application. Since 1988, Peter has worked in various industries in Europe, North America and South-East Asia. His experience includes leading projects on business and IT process design, implementation and evaluation. Peter focuses on a pragmatic approach through awareness and communication; design, implementation and evaluation of management information processes; design and implementation of quality procedures that conform to ISO9000 standards for IT Service Management processes, developing and executing customer satisfaction surveys with follow-up improvement planning, conducting function and process based skills assessment for IT staff resulting in practical training plans, developing and implementing organizational design leveraging organizational change management.
Peter’s practical experience comes from numerous years in different industries. Highlights include:
- Executive consultant for different IT Service Management Programs
- Designing and implementing change management and release management
- Designing and implementing incident and problem management
- Improving Service Desks in different organizations
- RFP development and assessment for Service Desk outsourcing
- Developing maturity models based on ITIL and CobiT
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Lead consultant on strategic assessment for a government organization
- Developing organizational structures for different IT organizations
- Developing training materials for ITIL and customers specific training (product and process)
- Conducting skills and cultural assessment for different organizations
- Developing management information scorecards, based on the balanced scorecard
- Led implementation of Continual Service Improvement organizations
- Facilitating different customer workshops
- Facilitating strategic visioning workshops
- Facilitating IT Service Management Simulation workshops
He is currently engaged with several clients as a trusted advisor, mentor and coach. His credentials include certification as an ITIL Expert, ISO/IEC 20000 Consultant, COBIT trainer and is a member of the ITIL Examination Board.
Peter lives in Calgary, Alberta. He plays bass trombone in the Westwinds Jazz Orchestra and various other big bands in the Calgary area.